Sport Wales’ Development Grant is available to fund projects that develop sport and physical activity in the community.
Development Grants are available between £1,001 and £25,000 for projects such as:
- Establishing new teams
- Coach Education
- Developing training areas
- Purchase of land or rights in land to develop activity areas
- Start up grants to support new enterprises
The scheme is open to any group as long as they have a written constitution and hold a bank account in the organisation’s name.
If your project needs less than £1,000 a Community Chest grant will probably be more suitable. You can find out more about the scheme at the Community Chest section of this website.
To apply for a Development Grant - Contact your nearest Sport Wales regional office who will be happy to discuss the project and provide advice and guidance where necessary.
Alternatively, you can download the application and further information from the Grants and Funding Downloads Section of this website.
WHAT A DEVELOPMENT GRANT WILL NOT SUPPORT:
The Development Grant is not available to individual members of the public, primary schools or associated bodies arranging activities for children, or secondary schools who are part of the 5x60 scheme.
In addition the following activities cannot be funded:
- Physical activities such as gardening, DIY, environmental improvements, performance dance or circus skills
- Existing activities / projects that have already started
- Mainstream activities funded by central or local government
- Projects that are considered to be part of an organisation’s normal day to day running costs
- Projects involving sports that are not on the Sports Council for Wales’ list of approved activities.
- Projects based outside Wales
Or the following project elements:
- Financial support for individuals
- Personal items of clothing, equipment or kit
- Ongoing administration costs
- Catering and hospitality
- Medals, certificates or trophies
- Domestic or foreign tours
- Replacement, repairs or ongoing maintenance of existing equipment.
If you are in any doubt please contact your Regional Office.