TALL AND TALENTED BRITONS ARE WANTED !
21 Oct 2009
Tall and Talented Britons are wanted to try out for the 2016 Olympic Games! A nationwide talent search is calling for athletic men over 6’3" and women over 5’11" to apply to represent Great Britain in Rio de Janeiro. They have until 16th November 2009 to do so via www.uksport.gov.uk/talent.
Talent 2016 is a nationwide search for talented athletes with the potential to compete at the 2016 Olympics in Rio. Tall and Talented is the first in a series of searches looking for exceptionally tall men and woman who could find success in sports where height can give an athlete a real advantage, such as rowing and basketball.
Applicants are invited to sign up and test for a number of sports to see whether they have the potential.
If you or anyone you know are…
- Aged between 15 and 22 years old
- Exceptionally tall (men over 190cm and women over 180cm)
- Competing in any sport at a MINIMUM of county/regional level
- Quick, agile and skilful AND/OR fit, powerful and strong
- Mentally tough and competitive
- Up for a once in a lifetime opportunity to become part of Britain’s sporting elite
…then we want to hear from you!
To sign up for Talent 2016: Tall and Talented, or to register interest in future Talent 2016 campaigns, applicants should submit their details before 16 November 2009 at www.uksport.gov.uk/talent