Growing older may be inevitable but poor health is not. Regular exercise among older people has been proven to:
- help maintain mobility and independence.
- reduce the likelihood of falling.
- reduce insomnia and sleep problems.
- minimize discomfort for sufferers of arthritis or Parkinson’s disease.
- alleviate stress.
- improve general mood and well-being.
Put simply, keeping physically active is one of the best ways of maintaining your independence in later life.
For ideas on how to stay active whilst growing older please click here.
Relevant Case Studies:
To see how residents of Newtown are learning that it's never too late to get active, click here.
SCW Voluntary Sector Corporate presentation:
If you’re keen to get something moving in your organisation or community, why not take a look at this presentation and see some of the projects the Sports Council for Wales has supported so far (please note there be a time delay for the document to upload):