Community Chest is a Sport Wales Initiative for community sport and physical recreation.
Community Chest offers grants of up to £1,000 in any 12 month period for activities that:
- Encourage more people to be more active, more often
- Raise the standards of existing activities
The scheme is open to any group as long as they hold a bank account in the organisation’s name.
Community Chest will normally consider all the costs associated with ensuring a project is successful. Normally grant aid is only provideor up to 20 sessions of a project, after which time projects are expected to become self-sufficient.
To apply for Community Chest you should submit an application to your Local Authority Community Chest Officer. You can download an application form from our downloads page.
Before you complete your application form be sure to click here to check out the ‘Ten Top Tips’.
Available here are the Community Chest panel dates for your area.
WHAT THE SCHEME DOES NOT SUPPORT:
Community Chest is not open to individual members of the public, primary schools or associated bodies arranging activities for children, or secondary schools who are part of the 5x60 scheme.
In addition the following activities cannot be funded:
- Physical activities such as gardening, DIY, environmental improvements, performance dance or circus skills
- Existing activities
- Mainstrea activities funded by central or local government
- Projects that are considered to be part of an organisation’s normal day to day running costs.
Or the following project elements:
- Financial support for individuals
- Personal items of clothing, equipment or kit
- Ongoing administration costs
- Catering and hospitality
- Medals, certificates or trophies
- Domestic or foreign tours
- Replacement, repairs or ongoing maintenance of existing equipment.
If you are in any doubt please contact your Local Authority Community Chest Officer.