Positive about disabled people
Sport Wales is committed to employing people with a disability and has agreed:
- to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy, and to consider them on their abilities.
- to ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees, what you and they can do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities.
- to make every effort when employees become disabled, to make sure they stay in employment.
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make our commitments work.
- each year, to review the five commitments and what has been achieved, to plan ways to improve on them, and let employees and Job Centre Plus know about progress and future plans.