Those NGBs which consistently deliver opportunities and success have sound governance and good management.
NGBs should be robust, representative, accountable and inclusive, able to demonstrate leadership and good governance. A 'Modern Sport' is able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- strong accountability to all members, funders and stakeholders;
- modern and efficient arrangements for governance;
- appropriate legal structures;
- appropriate business planning;
- clear leadership which commands the respect of players;
- a sport run with energy, enthusiasm and passion;
- explicit roles and expectations to ensure the optimum contribution from board members, paid staff, volunteers and players;
- transparent and compliant systems for managing and administering the sport;
- a commitment to ethical standards and fair play;
- diverse sources of revenue;
- partnerships working to deliver national opportunities for sport.
Click the links below to find out more information: